[imp] Is it possible to limit the file types which can be uploaded as attachments?

Barry Flanagan barryf-lists at flanagan.ie
Wed May 31 10:12:02 PDT 2006

Research & Development wrote:
> Not sure if you can do that with imp but we do it using MailScanner so
> ppl can not sent any exe, pif, etc or what ever we want to block. They
> can upload it but when they send it it gets blocked.

Yes, we have the same on our scanners, but we would like to be able to
simply dis-allow the uploading of these file types at source as well. It
would be a much better user experience to be told "This file type is not
allowed" before they upload their 20Mb file, than for them to get a
reject message (which are the usual postfix-type cryptic reject messages).

-Barry

--

-Barry Flanagan