[imp] IMAP issue with imp 4.1.1

tom burkart imp at aussec.com
Thu Jun 1 22:10:56 PDT 2006

Hi,
I have an issue with the latest IMP that does not allow me to log into the
imap server, yet test.php is successful and can log in...

Partial test.php output which it returned very quickly:
* Trying protocol imap/ssl/novalidate-cert, Port 993:
 	SUCCESS - INBOX has 654 messages (3 new 0 recent)
* Trying protocol imap/tls/novalidate-cert, Port 143:
 	SUCCESS - INBOX has 654 messages (3 new 0 recent)

It then gives php code snippets which are then inserted into the
servers.php file...

Then trying to log in returns the "logged in" version of the left frame,
yet the right frame has the login screen with "Unexpected response from
server to LOGIN command." which appears after several minutes of waiting.

What am I doing wrong?  OR
What information do I need to supply to figure out what's wrong?  OR
What do I need to look at to fix the problem?

Thanks,

tom.