[imp] Passing auth credentials to compose

MIlos Prudek prudek at bvx.cz
Mon Jun 5 02:02:24 PDT 2006

> > A form could, of course, POST imapuser=xxx, pass=xxx, and action=compose
> > to redirect.php, but redirect.php then opens the mailbox and tries to
> > open Compose in a new window (blocked by popup blockers).
>
> Set the preferences to not open the compose window in a popup.

I could not find the preference that governs it. Is this preference in horde
web-based settings? The only preference I could find is related to a pop-up
window for special characters.

> You can use IMP's "authenticate" API method though an RPC request. You
> would need to fetch the cookies retrieved from the RPC server and send
> them back to the users browser.

This is interesting. Is there some more detailed info available? For instance
how do I fetch those cookies?

And what kind of RPC it is? Long time ago I played with XML-RPC. Is this
XML-RPC?

--
Milos Prudek