[imp] Error connecting to IMAP server. 22 : Invalid argument.

Johan Huldtgren johan+imp at huldtgren.com
Thu Jun 8 00:01:08 PDT 2006

> Build PHP with openssl support.

This solved the problem.

Now some info for the archives. When you
install horde on FreeBSD through the ports
system it has dependencies to php4, and
one of the ports it installs is php4-openssl,
I thought that was enough to get it to work.
Running test.php in both horde and imp resulted
in all passes and everything looking great.
phpinfo() returned that OpenSSL was installed.

With it passing all tests, including the IMAP
check in imp/test.php being able to query the
IMAP server over SSL and return the correct
amount of messages, it lead me to (incorrectly)
believe everything "would just work".

The sollution is to remove and saved ports
confiuration in /var/db/ports/php4/options and
run portupgrade -f php4-*

This will result in the Options window to show
for the build, make sure that "Build Static
OpenSSL extension" is selected (by default it's
not), this will result in a build that works.

- Johan