[imp] trouble uploading .doc attachments in IE?

Kevin Konowalec kevin at ualberta.net
Wed Aug 16 08:19:22 PDT 2006

Running current stable releases of horde and imp.  I'm getting
reports from users that .doc files are not uploading when they try to
attach them.  They say the screen just goes blank when they hit
'update'.  This has been tested on IE 6.0.29 with SP2 installed.  I
don't have uvHtml installed... all I want to be able to do is have
imp deal with it just as a regular file. Upload and download....
that's it.  Not seeing anything in the list or the bugtracker about
this so I'm wondering if there could be a misconfiguration locally
that could be causing this problem?  It ONLY seems to be affecting IE
(big shock there) but since the majority of my users are using it
there's really no choice but to get it fixed.

On an unrelated note... has anyone experienced machines running horde
running out of resources for no good reason?  In my old cluster
running OpenBSD 3.8 I had machines locking up all the time and the
only thing that could be done was reboot them.  I had hoped that with
an upgrade to the latest and greatest horde apps as well as OpenBSD
3.9 it would solve the problem but I saw it again yesterday.  It
seemed like there were 5 httpd processes that ended up consuming
almost 100% of the cpu (with the remainder few percent on system and
interrupt processes).  Nothing else runs on this machine except an
apache webserver running horde.  At the time of the crash there was
lots of free memory and the machine wasn't swapping.  Anyway, if
anyone has encountered this I'd love to know how you solved it.