[imp] Type of LDAP server used

Alain Fauconnet alain at ait.ac.th
Wed Sep 27 19:57:40 PDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 09:58:50AM +0800, Alan Kong wrote:
> Dear All,
> Just wonder which LDAP server is used for integrating with imp/horde
> applications. Is openldap a popular choice?

>From my limited experience, yes, OpenLDAP is popular and AFAIK the
only open-source LDAP server around.

It fits nicely with IMP, but there's no reason why it shouldn't. LDAP
is LDAP when everyone follows the standards.

[Kind of off-topic]
The only issue I've had with OpenLDAP is that the MySQL storage
back-end wasn't quite mature when I set it up (PostgreSQL seems
better, but we use MySQL here). So I eventually went for the Berkeley
DB back-end, which I find much less appealing and has some stability
issues. Maybe this could be reconsidered now, I haven't had time to
check again.
[/off-topic]

Greets,
_Alain_