[imp] Type of LDAP server used

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Sep 28 09:58:26 PDT 2006

Zitat von Thierry Voyat <Thierry.Voyat at ac-amiens.fr>:

> Jan Schneider a écrit :
>
>> ... and not the regular behaviour. Prefs are only written back to the
>> preference storage backend if they have changed. There are some implicit
>> prefs that are changed without the user's interaction, but this still
>> doesn't happen on every page request.
> Just one per login, yes.

So, what's wrong with this behaviour then? Is one LDAP write per user
session really taking your LDAP server down? I have to admit that the
LDAP driver implementation is less than optimal if it writes all
preferences where only one has changed but that's still no show
stopper. At least it shouldn't be.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/