[imp] Possible bug in Zip download function in IMP

P.V.Anthony anthony at sound.com.sg
Sat Sep 30 20:01:00 PDT 2006

On this day, 01-October-2006 10:53 AM,  P.V.Anthony wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I seem to notice a problem with the zip download feature in IMP for
> attachments.
>
> When I unzip the file using 7zip from http://www.7zip.org, it says that
> the file is not supported. When I unzip the file using WinZip it works
> great.
>
> Next I compressed the files using WinZip then uncompressed it using 7zip
> and that works great.
>
> I am not a programmer so I am just assuming that maybe zipping class in
> IMP may have a small bug.
>
> I was hoping to use 7zip as it is a great app plus it is free.
>
> Any advise is much appreciated.
>
> P.V.Anthony

Found this at the http://www.7-zip.org/faq.html#user_faq

Why can't 7-Zip open some ZIP archives?

In 99% of these cases it means that the archive contains incorrect
headers. ZIP archives contain two copies of headers. 7-Zip reads both
copies and won't open archives with incorrect data in the headers. Other
ZIP programs can open some archives with incorrect headers, since these
programs usually read only one copy of the headers, or they just ignore
errors.