[imp] imp gpg key generating problem

Nima S Panahi avs at panahi.com
Sun Oct 1 12:43:56 PDT 2006

Hi,
I have installed the latest IMP/HORDE and have a problem with PGP.
When I try to create a key, it get the messege:

Public/Private keypair not generated successfully.

When I track it down, it seems to me that the problem comes from it
issuing the command:

/usr/bin/gpg --no-tty --no-secmem-warning --no-options
--no-default-keyring --quiet --yes --homedir /tmp/1gd0dhg1 --gen-key
--batch --armor

where gpg gives the error

gpg: keyblock resource `/tmp/1gd0dhg1/secring.gpg': file open error
gpg: keyblock resource `/tmp/1gd0dhg1/pubring.gpg': file open error

Now, shouldn't --homedir option be the home directoy of the user? For example

/home/nima/.gnupg

The users for imp login with realm, which might be problem. But either
case their "real" username and corresponding home directory is just
the name before the @ sign.

--
University of Chicago