[imp] Unusual outgoing messages

Stephen A. Cochran Lists stephen.a.cochran.lists at cahir.net
Fri Oct 6 10:21:51 PDT 2006

After some more digging I'm sure now that compose.php is being called
without authenticating:

Seeing the following in the log files:

Oct 06 13:12:23 HORDE [info] [imp] 80.89.179.109 Message sent to
frankandpk at freeuk.com
frankbeal at aol.com from Aaron D. Solnit [on line 1063 of "/var/www/
html/mail/horde/imp/compose.php"]

But there was no login from Aaron D. Solnit, who is a valid member of
our system. Anyone seen this problem or have any suggestions on how
to close this? Clearly a bad security problem.

Steve Cochran
Dartmouth College

Note: Second strange thing is despite setting the log file location
in the admin setup web page to be /var/log/httpd/horde.log, some info
is still being written to /tmp/horde.log and some is being written
to /var/log/httpd/horde.log. Also changed the log level to info from
debug, but both files still show debug output lines. Very strange.