[imp] Large attachment download problem

Bill Graham grahamcw at hurleybulldogs.com
Tue Oct 10 13:07:07 PDT 2006

Have you tried increasing your memory limit and see if you can move
larger files.

I am running
memory_limit = 120M

Bill

Quoting Kevin Konowalec <kevin at ualberta.net>:

> Horde: 3.1.2
> Imp: H3 (4.1.2)
> Turba: H3 (2.1.1)
>
> PHP Version: 4.4.1
> PHP Major Version: 4.4
> PHP Minor Version: 1
>
> in php.ini:
>
> max_execution_time = 90 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
> max_input_time = 60 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend
> parsing request data
> memory_limit = 50M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8MB)
>

> So we're having trouble downloading large attachments. It works fine
> for 8 MB and under (though 8MB takes about a minute on a gigabit
> line) but 10MB and over seem to just hang after a minute and a half
> or so, only reporting a 200 Apache error in Safari. Larger files
> just take longer to come back (ie ~15MB took 4 minutes) but they
> always give the same 200 code and no file downloaded. In Firefox it
> does the same thing but the frame goes blank as well. And in IE I
> get the typical (and ever so helpful) "page cannot be displayed"
> error after a couple of seconds.
>
> Is there anything else I can try?

Bill Graham
Systems Administrator
Hurley Public Schools
Hurley,SD 57036
USA
grahamcw at hurleybulldogs.com

This electronic  mail sent from Hurley Public Schools - Hurley, South Dakota
http://www.hurleybulldogs.com

NOTICE: This E-mail (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is confidential and may
be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you
have received the message in error, then delete it. Thank you.