[imp] Large attachment download problem

Philip Goisman goisman at physics.arizona.edu
Wed Oct 11 13:35:41 PDT 2006

Jan Schneider <jan <at> horde.org> writes:

> Zitat von Lista IMP <lista.imp <at> mg.trt.gov.br>:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I´m having the same problem.
> > Horde 3.1 / IMP 4.1 / Turba 2.1.1
> >
> > I´ve increase memory to 50MB and my php has been compiled
> > with 'enable-memory-limit'.
> >
> > The problems occur either when I open an attachment or when
> > I send a message with attachments.
>
> http://wiki.horde.org/FAQ/Admin/Troubleshoot#toc4
>
> Jan.

Pardon this post if the above URL cited by Jan says the same.  Currently, this
URL is unavailable to me.

My servers use the following:

memory_limit = 64M
post_max_size = 16M
upload_max_filesize = 16M

These servers use redhat el4 prebuilts - except for horde of course.
Because of this memory_limit is not disabled.  Further, I really don't
want users sending or receiving attachments larger than 16M - large attachments
really impact the efficiency of a mail server.

Hope this helps,

Philip