[imp] Changing error message

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at DRAKE.EDU
Fri Oct 13 12:42:29 PDT 2006

I am running Imp 4.1.3 on Horde 3.1.3. If users try to attach a file
that is too large, they receive a message like this:
    Did not attach "bigfile" as the file was empty.

That message makes sense to me; the file was probably uploaded, but
since it was over quota it was deleted and to Imp the file was empty.
However, this message is confusing to users who aren't familiar with
all the details. I would like the message to look more like:
    Did not attach "bigfile" as the file was too large or empty.

What is the canonical or most proper way to make the change? I noticed
the error text is contained in "imp/compose.php". But i suspect that if
i modify that sting that i will break my installation's multi-language
support. Any suggestions would be most welcome.