[imp] using external zip binary rather than loading file into memory

Joe Auty jauty at indiana.edu
Wed Oct 25 14:40:57 PDT 2006

Hello,

We are running out of memory on some machines when a user tries to
zip up and download one of their folders. To deal with this issue, we
are looking at calling upon an external zip binary (e.g. /usr/bin/
zip) via a PHP exec command.

I'm having a bit of a hard time making sense of horde/lib/Horde/
Compress/zip.php though. Has anybody here attempted a hack like this
before, or have any suggestions how I would go about doing this?

Joe Auty
UITS Messaging
Indiana University
jauty at indiana.edu