[imp] IMAP Alert command (was Performance after upgrade)

Stephen A. Cochran Lists stephen.a.cochran.lists at cahir.net
Thu Nov 2 09:19:24 PST 2006

Since we're running a mail server without wide usage, I thought it
wise to check to make sure the server wasn't breaking the IMAP rules.
According to RFC 2060, section 7.1.1, it looks like the server ALERT
is as described by the spec:

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2060.txt

Example:     S: * OK IMAP4rev1 server ready
                       C: A001 LOGIN fred blurdybloop
                       S: * OK [ALERT] System shutdown in 10 minutes
                       S: A001 OK LOGIN Completed

If a test account set to issue an alert on login would help, let me
know.

Steve Cochran
Dartmouth College