[imp] replacing from_addr field in IMP identity prefs

Otto Stolz Otto.Stolz at uni-konstanz.de
Fri Nov 10 05:59:25 PST 2006

Hello Joe Auty,

I have written:
> You could write a _prefs_hook_alias_addr routine
> Another, possibly more elegant, approach could be based on the
> "multiple identities" Horde is capable of handling;
> In that approach, you would supply to every idendity its pertinent
> from address (via locking and hooking Imp's from_addr, and fullname,
> preferencies).

There is also a tieto_addr preference you could try.
The pertinent text for the option menu is
> Addresses to explicitly tie to this identity:
> <em>(optional, enter each address on a new line)</em>
So, this may be what you are after. (As said before,
I have not tried multiple idendities yet).

You would set this preference to various values
and try what use Imp makes of it. If this looks
promising, you would hook (and, of course, lock) this
preference to supply the addresses from your database
to it.

Good luck,
   Otto Stolz