[imp] mimp imap prefix / "folders" parameter

Robert Williams rjwill at cis.upenn.edu
Wed Nov 29 12:10:06 PST 2006

Hello All,

I'm currently using imp without any issues. I am also currently testing
mimp h3 1.0, but I've run into a problem. Looking at the mimp changelogs,
it seems the "folders" server config parameter was removed back in mimp
v1.0-ALPHA, and auto-detection of namespace information from IMAP server
was added.

I'm using dovecot, and 'folders' => 'Mail/' for imp server config so users
can get to their old mail folders, only using MailDir for mail spools.
Since I can't use "folders" in mimp, the auto-detection of dovecot
prefix is Maildir, and folders are created under Maildir in mimp, so
user's sent-mail and trash folders are out of sync (2 copies, one in Mail,
other in Maildir).

Is there some way to force mimp to use an imap prefix like we can in imp?

Thanks,

 ~ Bob