[imp] problems w/ hordeauth in HEAD

Liam Hoekenga liamr at deathstar.org
Wed Dec 13 07:51:24 PST 2006

Auto login has stopped working for my CVS horde installation.  I've
tried setting hordeauth to both true and "full" in config/servers.php.
I updated everything yesterday to see if that would help, but I'm still
getting the IMP ("Welcome to Mail") login screen.

I wrote my own horde authenticator - or rather, borrowed the "auto"
authenticator, changing it to set the horde user name to the value of
$_SERVER[ 'REMOTE_USER'].  This works fine w/ Horde 3.0.12 / IMP  4.0.5
and Horde 3.1.3 / IMP 4.1.3.

Normally, I'd set the server list to "hidden" or "none".. but I tried
"shown" to see what would happen.  The login screen sorta looks like this...

Server  UMCE IMAP server [Login]
Server  Choose a mail server:
Username _______________
Password _______________
[Login]

If I use the first login button w/o typing in a username or pass, IMP
loads, I see my inbox.
If I try the second login button, I'm told I need to provide a username
and password, which is what I'd expect.  I'm kind of surprised that the
first login button doesn't end up prompting.

This is more of an information point than anything.  My goal is to skip
the IMP login screen completely, and the combination of my CoSign
authenticator for Horde and setting hordeauth to "full" or true has
worked for me traditionally.  Any suggestions?

thx
Liam