[imp] Auth::authenticate() login problems

Chris Miller chris at integratedventures.co.uk
Thu Dec 14 03:16:16 PST 2006

> Hi Jan,
>
> I was trying to initiate a registry object with /lib/core.php. this is
> defined at the top of my php file, so no other horde or my own php related
> calls first.
>
> define('HORDE_BASE', '/my/path/to/horde');
> require_once HORDE_BASE . '/lib/core.php';

Add the following line here:
define('AUTH_HANDLER', true);

> $registry = &Registry::singleton();
> $auth = &Auth::singleton($conf['auth']['driver']);
> $authenticated = $auth->authenticate('username', array('password' =>
> 'realpassword'));
>
> At the $auth->authenticate() call I generate the error
>
> "A fatal error has occurred
> imp does not provide an authenticate() method.
> Details have been logged for the administrator."
>
> The log shows
>
> DATETIME HORDE [emergency] [] imp does not provide an authenticate() meth
> od. [on line 105 of "/my/path/to/horde/lib/Horde/Auth/application.php"]
>
> I queried the $auth object for its runtime type and it was
> Auth_application
>
> Additionally I checked the variable contained in $conf['auth']['driver']
> which was "application".
>
> At this point I did some looking around in the source, but drew a blank.
>
> My IMP is configured to authenticate against an imap server, and the login
> screens to normal horde sessions are working.
>
> I of course need to solve my login problems before really delving into
using
> parts of horde with registry calls etc.
>
> Regards
>
> Chris

Jan.

Many thanks,

That worked great.

Some more newbie questions I am afraid!

I realise I can use the registry object to list operations available to me,
and particularly interesting is 'horde/blockContent'

I have worked out that

$registry->call('horde/blockContent', *)

Can provide parts of particular applications in html, this is a fantastic
feature! I have also assumed that by trawling the API I can discover which
block contents can be used by seeing which implementations of Horde::Block
the application supplies.

Are these the only such calls one can use (I assume yes)?

If there are parameters for this call, how does one deduce what these can
be. In your example in the wiki

$registry->call('horde/blockContent', array('kronolith', 'month',
array('calendar' => 'jan')));

The class I assume to be used here is Horde_Block_Kronolith_month defined in
month.php

How is it possible to deduce the array('calendar' => 'jan') param is
available ?

And in other examples also such as Horde_Block_Kronolith_summary, or
Horde_Block_imp_summary ?

Additionally, the login discussed above, by providing
$authenticated = auth->authenticate('username', array('password' =>
'realpassword'), true);

This logs into a session until a horde logout occurs ?

And finally, on correct login to an application and display of a block, on
the occurrence of any interaction with the block that should fire the horde
portal, how do I firstly adjust the links to reflect the horde url ?

I believe being able to understand this stage should make horde very usable
to me, and as previously suggested I can collect my experiences into a
possibly useful document for the wiki or something

Many thanks

Chris