[imp] several questions regarding IMP

Martin Waschbuesch martin at waschbuesch.de
Fri Jan 5 02:46:39 PST 2007

Hi all,

I have a couple of questions regarding IMP which I asked some time
ago. Since I did not get any response since then, maybe I did
something wrong and I'll just try again. If There is anything wrong
with the way I ask these or the place I ask these questions, please
let me know.

I use horde groupware webmail edition, which includes IMP 4.1.3.
The system itself is based on Debian/sarge with apache2, php5.1 and mysql4.1
With that system, I encounter the following problems:

1.) Filters do not seem to work correctly:
If I select a rule that consists of two statements connected by OR,
only one statement will be checked. E.g. if 'From' contains 'abc' OR
'From' contains 'xyz' deliver the mail to folder 'junk'. Only one of
the rules will be checked. The other one is always ignored.

2.) Is there a way to tell IMP to automatically execute a filter rule
when logging in or refreshing the Inbox?

3.) Spell checking (I use Aspell) does not give the option to select
the language. It seems it will always use the language I use for the
horde interface. Since I use the German interface, but write a lot of
stuff in English and sometimes also French, this seems quite
inconvenient.

4.) Some IMAP servers have the ability to tell the client when there
are new mals in which folder without the need for the client to poll
all folders. (E.g. this works quite nicely with Courier if
IMAP_CHECK_ALL_FOLDERS is set to 1). The notification of new mails in
horde seems quite slow - does it poll all the folders or use the IMAP
server's 'new mail' notification?

5.) Is it possible to change the order in which IMAP-Folders are
displayed? E.g. have the special folders like Inbox, draft, trash and
sent mail before the others?

Thanks for your help!

Martin Waschbuesch