[imp] several questions regarding IMP

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jan 8 03:41:22 PST 2007

Zitat von Martin Waschbuesch <martin at waschbuesch.de>:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a couple of questions regarding IMP which I asked some time
> ago. Since I did not get any response since then, maybe I did
> something wrong and I'll just try again. If There is anything wrong
> with the way I ask these or the place I ask these questions, please
> let me know.
>
> I use horde groupware webmail edition, which includes IMP 4.1.3.
> The system itself is based on Debian/sarge with apache2, php5.1 and mysql4.1
> With that system, I encounter the following problems:
>
> 1.) Filters do not seem to work correctly:
> If I select a rule that consists of two statements connected by OR,
> only one statement will be checked. E.g. if 'From' contains 'abc' OR
> 'From' contains 'xyz' deliver the mail to folder 'junk'. Only one of
> the rules will be checked. The other one is always ignored.

Dunno, I don't use IMAP filters.

> 2.) Is there a way to tell IMP to automatically execute a filter
> rule when logging in or refreshing the Inbox?

Yes, it's a preference.

> 3.) Spell checking (I use Aspell) does not give the option to select
> the language. It seems it will always use the language I use for the
> horde interface. Since I use the German interface, but write a lot
> of stuff in English and sometimes also French, this seems quite
> inconvenient.

This has been implemented in the next major version.

> 4.) Some IMAP servers have the ability to tell the client when there
> are new mals in which folder without the need for the client to poll
> all folders. (E.g. this works quite nicely with Courier if
> IMAP_CHECK_ALL_FOLDERS is set to 1). The notification of new mails
> in horde seems quite slow - does it poll all the folders or use the
> IMAP server's 'new mail' notification?

It polls folders that the user selected to be polled. That's the only
supported method in PHP.

> 5.) Is it possible to change the order in which IMAP-Folders are
> displayed? E.g. have the special folders like Inbox, draft, trash
> and sent mail before the others?

Not out of the box. DIMP is doing that, and maybe future versions of
IMP will do that to.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/