[imp] Good email providers with horde/imp in Europe?

auxweb@inwind.it auxweb at inwind.it
Fri Jan 12 01:42:16 PST 2007

(sorry for sending it the first time without a subject)

Hello,

I would like to set up a (paid) email account with a reliable email provider which offers at least:

(above all) secure webmail with horde/imp
secure IMAP access from home
secure SMTP access to send mail from home, also
on port different from 25 if blocked by home ISP
good, customizable spam filtering on the server
possibly using open source servers, antispam systems
etc

The closest thing I've been able to find is mailsnare.net, but I have read in their user forums (and seen myself with their trial account) that they
have had several performance problems lately and mail sent to some providers is delivered with great delay (2/3 hours), even if the latter may be out of their control.

Apart from this, I'd MUCH rather go with a Europe-based email provider (as long as support is available in english or italian!!), to have faster connections and
also for other non technical reasons.

Can you recommend any email provider with these specs?

Thanks.

Aux