[imp] Fwd: Imp smtp does not authenticate

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Jan 17 00:48:15 PST 2007

> Please ask these sorts of questions on the list.  Forwarding there.
>

> ----- Forwarded message from richard at radoeka.nl -----
>     Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 21:31:57 +0100
>     From: Richard Bos <richard at radoeka.nl>
>  Subject: Imp smtp does not authenticate
>       To: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
>
> Hello Michael,
>
> I trying to use horde in combination with kolab (the groupware
> server).  Kolab
> comes with an smtp server, that does some checking oon the outgoing messages.
> As such I would like to use kolab's smtp server in combination with horde
> (imp) to sent email (and not sentmail or just an smtp server).  However, when
> configuring horde to use kolab's smtp server, authentication fails.  Using
> e.g. kmail it is no problem to connect to the same smtp server.  Others have
> reported the same behaviour (kmail works, horde does not).
>
> What can I do best now?  Is it possible to switch on debugging for the
> imp/lib/Compose.php file (http://cvs.horde.org/imp/lib/Compose.php)?  If so,
> how to do this?  As I'm not a php programmer: how can I insert some print
> statements and have them directed to a file (or the browser, to check
> variables (like authentication user name and password, etc)?

You can use the following code to log variable values to the Horde log file:
Horde::logMessage($some_scalar_variable_or_text, __FILE__, __LINE__);

> Should I open a bug report in the horde bug tracker?

You could, but since Gunnar is taking care of most Kolab related bugs
these days and he doesn't know how to fix it either, I'm not sure this
would help a lot.
But if you can collect some more information with your debugging, you
should indeed create a ticket for that.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/