[imp] EACCELERATOR PHP Crash

Timothy Meader Tim.Meader at gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Jan 18 11:25:26 PST 2007

Eaccelerator going forward will begin to be raft with PHP general
incompatibilities most likely. In particular, there are several
issues that already pop-up when running Horde on PHP 5.2 with
Eaccelerator. Switch to the "official" (soon to be included in the
base PHP package) accelerator, APC. I run the latest stable versions
of Horde/IMP/Kronolith/Turba without incident on PHP 5.2 when using
the latest APC from PECL.

Switching from Eaccelerator to APC will take you all of about 30
minutes, and will be better going forward anyway. Well worth it.