[imp] Internet Explorer 7 Login issues

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Feb 1 09:51:04 PST 2007

Quoting tsoucy at unb.ca:

> Actually, we are running Horde / IMP on a Linux HA cluster, and if
> we access each system independently, then users can login with no
> troubles, but if they access the address for the cluster then the
> login cycles back to the login page with a log message of
> "Successful Login".  We're noticing the same issues with IE6, IE7
> and Safari on Mac OSX 10.4.  Firefox works flawlessly on all
> operating systems.
>
> The odd issue is, we are running the testing on the SAME cluster
> that we are running our production Horde 2 installation, and we are
> having no problems with any browsers.  I'm down to researching the
> MS Anti-phishing implementation (as well as the Safari one), but I'm
> wondering if it is a combination of Horde 3 and phishing filters
> (due to being on an HA cluster)

Horde 2 allowed URL-based sessions by default. It's possible that
cookies are only working for you for Firefox (for some reason -
domain? missing "."? dunno), but Horde 2 works because of passing the
session id in the URL. Horde 3 turns that off by default because it's
a security risk. It's likely you can fix the problem by either turning
URL-based sessions back on, or fixing the cookie issues.

-chuck