[imp] Webmail Problem

Joel Smith js-horde at jk1.net
Wed Feb 14 16:46:47 PST 2007

Siumafua Moala wrote:
> I am running FreeBSD 6.1, php5.2.1, Apache22.
>
> I install the Webmail and can access it from a browser but I couldn't
> login. I can verify from the
> log that I login successfully but the page go nowhere. It goes back to
> the login page.

What authentication driver are you using?  Look in Horde's conf.php for
lines that look like this:
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'application';
$conf['auth']['params']['app'] = 'imp';

The way I have it above makes it so all Horde authentication goes
through IMP's authentication module, meaning to access any Horde module
that requires authentication, a user would have to have a mail account.

Another thing you can do is increase Horde's logging output.  On my
debian system, it's configured like this:
$conf['log']['priority'] = PEAR_LOG_NOTICE;
$conf['log']['name'] = '/var/log/horde/horde3.log';

if you change the priority to PEAR_LOG_DEBUG you'll get more output in
your horde log file (/var/log/horde/horde3.log on debian... check your
log->name setting to see where yours goes).

The only other suggestion I have is to examine IMP's servers.conf.  I
have mine set up with a single IMAP server.  It's the only thing in the
entire file that is not commented out.  It might be worth trying like
that to get it working, then go from there. Here's what mine looks like:

 $servers['imap'] = array(
                 'name' => 'IMAP Server',
                 'server' => 'localhost',
                 'protocol' => 'imap/notls',