[imp] folder issues with courier-imap 4.1.2 and imp-4.1.3

Stephan Bielmann stephan at stean.ch
Fri Feb 16 00:05:11 PST 2007

Hello there,

I am about to test courier-imap-4.1.2 and imp-h3-4.1.3,
php 5.2.1 my servers.php looks like:

$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'IMAP Server',
    'server' => 'myserver.mydomain.tld',
    'hordeauth' => false,
    'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
    'port' => 143,
    'maildomain' => 'mydomain.tld',
    'smtphost' => 'smtp.mydomain.tld',
    'smtpport' => 25,
    'realm' => '',
    'preferred' => '',
);

There are two issues I encounter when using IMP.
First, creating a new folder under INBOX does not work. I guess
this is correct according the new way IMP handles INBOX and the
folder tree structure, but strange that IMP lets me do it.
So selecting INBOX, then "Create Folder", entering test leads
to:

The folder "INBOXtest" was not created. This is what the server said:
Invalid mailbox name.

Now, really strange is that other folders, that IMP would usually create
on its own, like the trash folder, may not be created either. I have
an email account with the configuration option to move deleted mails
to the trash. When deleting one I get the following message:

There was an error deleting messages from the folder "Inbox".
This is what the server said: [TRYCREATE] Mailbox does not exist.

Any help apreciated.

Regards, Stephan