[imp] Webmail Problem

Otto Stolz Otto.Stolz at uni-konstanz.de
Mon Feb 19 09:03:05 PST 2007

Hello,

Siumafua Moala had written:
> I can verify from the
> log that I login successfully but the page [...] goes back to
> the login page.

I had written:

Chuck Hagenbuch schrieb:
> To log in? That's blatantly false.

Not quite so. A bit simplified, yes -- in order to avoid long-winded
explanations.

If cookies are not allowed (and Horde is configured as recommended),
you will indeed experience the symptoms described by Siumafua Moala:
Imp will login to the IMAP server (as can be seen from the logs), but
the session-id is lost, so the user will be back in the login page.
So, from the user's perspective, cookies are essential for logging in.

Indeed, Javascript is not needed to log in, but you will require
it later, so I have mentioned it right away, in order to avoid further
requests.

Best wishes,
   Otto Stolz