[imp] folder issues with courier-imap 4.1.2 and imp-4.1.3

Stephan Bielmann stephan at stean.ch
Mon Feb 19 11:09:22 PST 2007

Quoting Joel Smith <js-horde at jk1.net>:

> Stephan Bielmann wrote:
> > Hello there,
> >
> > I am about to test courier-imap-4.1.2 and imp-h3-4.1.3,
> > php 5.2.1 my servers.php looks like:
> >
> > $servers['imap'] = array(
> >     'name' => 'IMAP Server',
> >     'server' => 'myserver.mydomain.tld',
> >     'hordeauth' => false,
> >     'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
> >     'port' => 143,
> >     'maildomain' => 'mydomain.tld',
> >     'smtphost' => 'smtp.mydomain.tld',
> >     'smtpport' => 25,
> >     'realm' => '',
> >     'preferred' => '',
> > );
> >
> Try adding    'folders' => 'INBOX.',
> into that array.  That's what I use for my courier server.
>
> That way everything is a sub-folder of your inbox, which I think is how
> Courier requires it (at least with my setup).
> Hope that helps.
> Joel

Hello Joel,

thanks for the help, but folders has been removed from the configuration
in 4.1.RC1. IMP figures out for itself what to use.

I just created two tickets in the bug list, my problem with the
Trash folder is half solved. It was a configuration problem, however
IMP does not check the right configuration value and tries to
move deleted messages from INBOX to INBOX itself.

http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=5012

About the way IMP work since 4.1.RC1 with folders, well I might
be wrong, but either I still have a configuration issue, or
the way IMP its folder navigator works is not user friendly.

http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=5013

Apart of these two minor problems my installation works now.

Regards, Stephan