[imp] Fwd: Re: IMAP Alert command (was Performance after upgrade)

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Feb 21 12:53:21 PST 2007

Just to get this into the list archives.

----- Forwarded message from stephen.a.cochran.lists at cahir.net -----
     Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:08:13 -0500
     From: "Stephen A. Cochran Lists" <stephen.a.cochran.lists at cahir.net>
  Subject: Re: [imp] IMAP Alert command (was Performance after upgrade)
       To: slusarz at curecanti.org

> #2 - Are you using a version of IMP > 4.1.2?  Because this is the
> *exact* issue that was fixed by this commit:
> http://cvs.horde.org/diff.php?r1=1.21.2.23&r2=1.21.2.24&f=imp%2Flib%2FIMAP%2FClient.php
> So make sure your copy of lib/IMAP/Client.php is version 1.21.2.24
> or greater - and make sure you have not made any local changes to
> this file.  You should be able to use the latest version from HEAD -
> http://cvs.horde.org/co.php?r=1.61&p=1&f=imp%2Flib%2FIMAP%2FClient.php - in
> case you need a clean copy.
>
> I can only reproduce looping/locked-up behavior if using a version
> of lib/IMAP/Client.php < 1.21.2.24.  The second I upgrade to that
> version, it works fine.

That does indeed solve the problem. I first started looking at this
problem back when 4.1.1 was the most current, and even my "beta"
setup which is from HEAD had the same problem.

Thanks, I'll be happy not to have to restart apache once a day.

Steve Cochran
Dartmouth College

----- End forwarded message -----