[imp] MIME weirdness

Kevin Konowalec webadmin at ualberta.ca
Thu Feb 22 09:25:46 PST 2007

Horde: 3.1.2
Imp: H3 (4.1.2)
Suddenly out of nowhere I'm getting a rash of users complaining about
mime-encoding problems when using Imp.  They say there's all kinds of
'=A0' and '=20' and the like in messages they open in Imp.  When they
open the same message in another client there's no problem.  I
haven't made any changes to the system in a LONG time.  Has anyone
else seen something like this happen and if so what has to be done to
fix it?

As an addendum I opened up a message that I saw this happening in and
it says that there are alternative parts for the message.  When I
click it (text/plain) it opens up perfectly fine.  Something else I
noticed is that there is a section that is set as quoted (marked by
'>' at the beginning of the lines) which does not show up in the
message as displayed by imp.  Something's definitely gone weird.