[imp] WG: Re: Browser Language Problem

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Mar 21 10:53:15 UTC 2007

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von fatih.saki at mynet.com -----
      Datum: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:45:14 +0200
        Von: Fatih Şaki <fatih.saki at mynet.com>
    Betreff: Re: [imp] Browser Language Problem
         An: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>

Jan Schneider yazmis,:
> Zitat von Fatih Saki <fatih.saki at mynet.com>:
>

>> Hi all
>>
>> php v 4.4.4
>> apache v 2
>>
>> I am using DIMP.
>>
>> With firefox v 2.0.0.2 in default Turkish Language or any version of
>> I.E. in any Language when i click any message;
>> *the message can not be previewed and in previewpane shows message as
>> attachment.*
>>
>> Then we set the default language en-US in Firefox and there is no
>> preview problem.(With I.E. the problem still going on in an encoding)
>>
>> What can be the reason ?
>
> A missing String::lower/upper call in the code, or you not having
> installed iconv/mbstring support in PHP. Does it work when using IMP?
>
> Jan.

Hi Jan

Iconv/mbstring are installed and there is no lower/upper call in code.

I serialized the $mime_part in imp/lib/MIME/Contents.php with browser
language setting English and Turkish.

Here is the difference of message details

English

"_parts"
{
"mime_part":
{
"_type":"text"
"_subtype":"html"
"_contents":""
"_transferEncoding":"7bit"

Turkish

"_parts"
{
"mime_part"
{
"_type":"application"
"_subtype":"octet-stream"
"_contents":""
"_transferEncoding":"x-unknown"

Not : We tried a lot of languages in browser but only Turkish Lang.
setting causes this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/