[imp] error_log contains parts of email messages

jef e jef_umd at umd.umich.edu
Wed Mar 28 20:51:42 UTC 2007

Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> Quoting jef e <jef_umd at umd.umich.edu>:

>> These examples are just small snippets, but sometimes there are entire
>> paragraphs of people's email in the logs. Obviously this is a

>> Thanks for any ideas,
>
> Maybe generated by your spell checker backend?  Spell checking didn't
> really work with HTML until HEAD.

Looks like that is probably the case, both with aspell and ispell.
Ispell also throws up "Word... too long at line 956 of makedent.c,
truncated" and Google shows references to ispell for that, too.

Is there any mitigation short of disabling spellcheck or logging? How do
folks handle this elsewhere? Or do they just not worry about it? I
suppose I could speed up log rotation in the meantime.

Thanks,

jef