[imp] Can't login to Horde Webmail Edition

Otto Stolz Otto.Stolz at uni-konstanz.de
Wed May 2 08:21:46 UTC 2007

Hello B,

you wrote:
> Here is the strange thing:
> - I'm trying to login with a mail user / the correct password provided
> => the login screen appears again. NO login failure message.
> - I'm trying to login / INCORRECT user or password provided => the login
> screen appears again stating that the login failed.
>
> So, the credentials are somehow checked. Why can't I proceed? Cookies
> are allowed.

Three possible reasons:
- Horde does not recognize the session id.
   As you have allowed cookies, I think that this is not the
   reason, in the case at hand; but nevertheless you may
   wish to check your Horde configuration.
- Horde cannot retrieve the session data.
   Check your Horde configuration, particularly the Database settings,
   and look into your database whether the data are there.
- Some Horde or Imp module runs into a system limitation.
   E. g., I had two users with excessively large filter rule
   sets expierencing this symptom (I haven't installed Ingo);
   after deleting the pertinent entries from the Horde database,
   these users could log in, again.

Good luck,
   Otto Stolz