[imp] compose window resets with large attachments

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Mon May 7 16:19:13 UTC 2007

On Fri, 4 May 2007, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Andrew Morgan <morgan at orst.edu>:
>
>> One of my users found a small bug in IMP.  If you try to upload an
>> attachment larger than upload_max_filesize, the attachment fails (good)
>> but the compose window resets (bad).  Any information you have typed into
>> the compose window, such as To: addresses, the Subject, or body text, will
>> be lost.
>>
>> I'm running Horde v3.1.4 and IMP 4.1.4.  upload_max_filesize is set to
>> 10MB and post_max_size is also set to 10MB.  In imp/config/conf.php I
>> have:
>>
>> $conf['compose']['attach_size_limit'] = '104857600';
>>
>> (100MB total for all attachments).
>>
>> I'm guessing that PHP isn't passing the form variables to the script when
>> the POST size is exceeded.  If this is the case, would it be possible to
>> put a size limit into IMP instead?  Then I could increase the php.ini
>> limits to 15MB, but let IMP enforce the 10MB per attachment limit.
>
> Such a limit exists already.

Cool, is that feature in CVS?  I can't find it in IMP 4.1.4.  I see these
2 settings in IMP's setup:

  - What is the maximum total size of attachments per message (in bytes)?
Set this value to 0 for no limit. [Note, the maximum allowable size of any
individual attachment is set via the PHP 'upload_max_filesize' parameter -
see imp/docs/INSTALL]

  - What is the maximum total number of attachments per message? Set this
value to 0 for no limit.

But that text indicates the per-attachment limit is set by the PHP
'upload_max_filesize' parameter.

Thanks,
 	Andy