[imp] CVS IMP with Dovecot/maildir

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Thu May 10 13:57:41 UTC 2007

I have a new server with a clean install of CVS HEAD horde/imp, using
dovecot/maildir. There are some behaviors that are different from my
old server with CVS HEAD horde/imp, using uw-imap/mbox and I hoped
someone could help.

1. Folders and unread messages display correctly in the sidebar and
folder list, but the portal block only displays INBOX. I've tried with
and without imap subscriptions, with the same results. My old server
displayed *all* folders with new messages.

2. Virtual folders. Virtual INBOX only displays messages from INBOX.
The Virtual INBOX on my old server displayed all unread messages from
all folders. So I performed a search for unread messages in all
folders and saved that search to a virtual folder. That seemed to
match my old server, but in both my Virtual INBOX and the new virtual
folder, when I delete a message that I'm reading, I'm returned to the
message list with the error "Requested message not found", and it
appears that the message I deleted was not deleted (or even marked as
deleted), just marked seen so that it no longer appears in the virtual
folder. On my old server, deleting the message would delete it and
(per the preference) open the next unread message.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Rick