[imp] Fwd: RE: Why Are All Messages Seen?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri May 11 04:15:37 UTC 2007

Please keep discussions on the list...

----- Forwarded message from johnny.213 at hotmail.com -----
     Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 23:14:41 -0500
     From: Johnny Patrick <johnny.213 at hotmail.com>
  Subject: RE: [imp] Fwd: RE:  Why Are All Messages Seen?
       To: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>

Let me rephrase. If a message comes into Horde webmail and is
highlighted or in bold indicating it is unread, what are the possible
actions that cause the message to go from highlighted to not
highlighted (again, initially the message shows up highlighted meaning
it has not been read yet.) Can the message go from unread to a read
status automatically? Or once it shows unread in Horde webmail, must
it be clicked on to go to the "read" status.> Date: Fri, 11 May 2007
00:03:43 -0400> From: chuck at horde.org> To: imp at lists.horde.org>
Subject: [imp] Fwd: RE: Why Are All Messages Seen?> > Sorry, not sure
what you mean?> > ----- Forwarded message from johnny.213 at hotmail.com
-----> Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 23:00:41 -0500> From: Johnny Patrick
<johnny.213 at hotmail.com>> Subject: RE: [imp] Why Are All Messages
Seen?> To: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>> > > Greetings,> > I see
messages come in highlighted, and then turn to "read" or not >
highlighted. If they come in highlighted, and go unhighlighted, is >
that accomplished only by clicking on (or reading) the email or can >
they come in showing unread, and go to showing read automatically? >
s.horde.org> Subject: Re: [imp] Why Are All Messages Seen?> > Quoting
 > Michael Holland <michael at blackcanyoncoffee.com>:> > > I recently >
installed the latest released Horde Webmail package (1.0.1)> > on a >
company server. It's working fine, except that the users are> > >
complaining that they can't tell new messages from old messages from>
 > > read messages. In short, there's no highlighting.> >> > After >
looking around a bit, it seems that every row of the inbox is> > >
classed as "seen" regardless of whether the message is new or old, >
read> > or not. Is there some secret configuration setting to get IMP
 > to> > properly class the messages?> >> > The mail server is POP3,
if > that makes any difference.> > It makes all the difference. POP3
as a > protocol has no concept of > message flags. Desktop clients
solve this > by keeping track of > everything themselves. IMP doesn't
store all > that extra data. We > could, but it's not currently in the
plans as > its basically an IMAP > client.> > -chuck> -- > IMP mailing
list - > Join the hunt: http://horde.org/bounties/#imp> Frequently
Change is good. See what’s different about Windows Live Hotmail.>
www.windowslive-hotmail.com/learnmore/default.html?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGLM_HMWL_reten_changegood_0507> > ----- End forwarded message -----> > > -chuck> -- > IMP mailing list - Join the hunt: http://horde.org/bounties/#imp> Frequently Asked Questions: http://horde.org/faq/> To unsubscribe, mail: