[imp] "big three" webmail providers courting campus

Kevin Konowalec webadmin at ualberta.ca
Thu May 31 21:35:09 UTC 2007

Our students don't complain so much about the interface (which is
surprising since we serve around 80,000 staff and students).  Though
we do get a lot of requests for AJAX-like functionality.  Drag and
drop sort of thing.  But the big one is a calendar... but since the
bigwings have a death grip on their exchange servers for the 2000 of
them or so that use it we need to find something that will
communicate with it.  I'm hoping Kronolith will do that someday...
and if it was AJAX-like as well like Google calendar is (which is
VERY nice) then you'd have a LOT of happy campers over here.

But for now we just gotta figure out why attachments are failing
based on their names (the problem was posted yesterday by Babita)...