[imp] imp problem, login works w/ IE but not firefox

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Thu Jun 7 15:06:59 UTC 2007

From: "Chuck Hagenbuch" <chuck at horde.org>
>> None of this looks very helpful to me. Possibly the script errors are a
>> red
>> herring. I was hoping that somebody else had experienced the main
>> problem,
>> login works with IE but not firefox.  You get bumped back to the login
>> screen even though the log says login was successful.
>
> That's a session problem, most often caused by cookies. Have you made
> sure that Horde is setting cookies for /horde3 and not for /horde?

How do i do that?

I'm not sure how cookies work but doesn't the browser sort them based on the
URL?

I decided to let the problem stew for a while hoping I'd get an inspiration.
The one  thing I thought to try was to install horde3 and imp4 from debian
testing rather than from stable. That did help some. It got rid of the
javascript errors I was getting via IE. So now imp seems to work perfectly
with IE but I still cannot login with firefox. The "invalid login" message
is not displayed. And the log says login was successful. So imp is not
thinking I've entered invalid credentials.   Yet, with firefox, it just
keeps going back to login.php.