[imp] need advice for user interface

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Jun 13 13:25:54 UTC 2007

I'm building a new web server for my department and I have to replace imp.
On the old server, there is a redirect so that the root of the server goes
to /horde/imp. In other words, if you just point your browser to the
department server, you get the imp login screen -- which is something I
don't like.

Right now, i have the new server configured so that horde3 uses imp for
authentication. So if you go to /horde3, it puts you at
/horde3/imp/login.php. Then, after you log in, you're at /horde3/index.php
and you have to click the mail link to get to the web mail.

So you see my problem. the users are used to getting the login screen
immediately and not having to worry about the url or clicking anything to
getting to their mail. I have to find some compromise between the way it is
now and the way it used to be that both makes sense and isn't so many extra
steps that the users will howl.

--
John Heim
jheim at math.wisc.edu / 608-263-4189