[imp] Use 'From' Information stored in Adress book?

Martin Waschbuesch martin at waschbuesch.de
Mon Jun 25 05:49:26 UTC 2007

> I'd just use the option to expand the person's name/email from your
> address book...
>
> -chuck

P.S. Just so there is no confusion:
The only setting I found relating to expansion of name/mail
information is for outgoing mails and works just fine!

What I wanted to know: Is there an option for incoming mails as well?

Like I get a lot of mail from people who use some automatically
generated username at maildomain.tld scheme. e.g. a503yz at whatever.com.
Some of them do not use sender name information, so all that comes
with the email is the email address. Since there are a bunch of people
@whatever.com, and the usernames are all kind of cryptic, I get
confused a lot.

Now, I would like IMP to fill in the missing sener name by what I have
stored in my addressbook for that mail address. If I have the address
a503yz at whatever.com in my address book with the name of John Doe, IMP
should display that information in the 'From' column.

Ideally, there'd be an option to turn this on or off (which I have not
found in any of the settings pages).

Thanks,

Martin