[imp] Dependend preferences

Otto Stolz Otto.Stolz at uni-konstanz.de
Tue Jun 26 17:16:25 UTC 2007

Hello,

is there a way to make a default preference dependent on a
user's actual preferencies?

E. g., I would like to set the default for purge_trash
- normally to 0,
- to 1, however, for users that have use_trash=1 set,
   in their personal preferences.

To accomplish this, I'd have to inspect the current user's
actual preference settings from whithin imp/config/prefs.php.
The questios are:
- Is there a convenient API function to read the actual
   user's preference settings, and where can I find its
   documentation?
- If so, will it work from within imp/config/prefs.php,
   or will it not yet be ready when the latter runs?

Thanks for any enlightenment you could provide.

Best wishes,
   Otto Stolz