[imp] Anyone else getting long delays after login, then things work fine until new imap connections opened? (cyrusimap 2.3.x)

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Thu Jun 28 15:13:00 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Darrell Budic" <budic at onholyground.com>
To: <imp at lists.horde.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 11:29 AM
Subject: [imp] Anyone else getting long delays after login,then things work
fine until new imap connections opened? (cyrusimap 2.3.x)

> Strange problem I havn't been able to track down here: After logging
> in to Horde, the web browser clears the screen, then things pause for
> 30 seconds to a few minutes, and then my sidebar and horde portal
> page come up normally, and IMP runs fine for a while. If you stay
> logged in long enough for your imap sessions to time out, there can
> be another long pause, then things run normally for a while. Very
> odd, very annoying. This install was working fine for a while, not
> sure which update screwed me up, and I havn't been able to roll back
> and resolve it.

Well, I might as well take a shot at this... We run imp on one machine and
our imap server is on another. We found that we had to run an imap proxy on
the web/imp server or the connect time was very slow.   So, if you're
running apache/imp on one machine and imap on another, you might try
installing an imap proxy on your web server.