[imp] IMP with amavis

Martin Waschbuesch martin at waschbuesch.de
Tue Jul 31 11:58:52 UTC 2007

David,

OK. Does the webserver IMP is running on reside on the same server as postfix?

If so, IMP probably sends mail from localhost (127.0.0.1). If you
connect from outside (e.g. another computer running outlook), the
incoming mail does not come in from localhost, but some other IP.
Now, the thing to check is whether mail coming in from localhost is
subject to the same rules and procedures as mail from outside. I had
something similar on a machine running exim, where all messages from
localhost were just delivered without any checks or restrictions.

Anyway, I really doubt it has to do with IMP.

Martin