[imp] Sidebar folder list and missing folders

Jon Robertson jonrober at stanford.edu
Tue Jul 31 21:03:59 UTC 2007

I'm trying to support a user on our local install of Horde who's not
having all of his folders appear on his sidebar.  One of his subfolders
has its own subfolders, which aren't appearing.  However, other
subfolders do have *their* subfolders appear.

In other words, he has a layout like:
INBOX
INBOX.Personal
INBOX.Personal.moo
INBOX.Personal.baa
INBOX.Work
INBOX.Work.woof
INBOX.Work.meow

He can see his inbox, his Personal folder and its moo and baa
subfolders, and his Work folder.. but no subfolders of Work are shown in
the sidebar.  At the same time, the droplist of folders at the right of
the toolbar does show every folder, and he can get to the Work.woof via
the entry in that droplist.  Said user has subscriptions turned off and
an empty subscription file on the server.

I spent a bit trying to debug what was going on, printing out state in
lib/Horde/IMAP/Tree.php as it created the menu.  What looks to be
happening is that the Work mailbox is not being show as having children.
  With the following code (from Tree.php, with echo statements
included), I get the following output for the folder in question.

=========
echo "Check haschildren: " . $elt['v'] . "<br>";
         if (!$is_ns) {
echo "A: " . $elt['a']. "<br>";

             /* Not all IMAP servers support the HASCHILDREN flag (like
UW!) so
              * we need to skip this check if the IMAP server doesn't set
              * either HASCHILDREN or HASNOCHILDREN. */
             if (!empty($this->_childrensupport) ||
                 (is_null($this->_childrensupport) &&
                  ($elt['a'] & LATT_HASCHILDREN) ||
                  ($elt['a'] & LATT_HASNOCHILDREN))) {
                 $ret = ($elt['a'] & LATT_HASCHILDREN);

echo "Ret: $ret<br>";
==========
Check haschildren: INBOX.Work
A: 576
Ret: 0

I could press in more on my own, but finally admitting that I could use
a bit of help.  Any ideas what might be going on here that makes the
folder seem to have no children to the sidebar, but shows the correct
layout in the droplist of folders?  I found a pair of older issues in
the list that had similarities, but never a solid solution.

Using Horde 3.1.4, IMP 4.1.4, against a Cyrus IMAP server (2.3.7).

--
Jon Robertson