[imp] imp, cyrus and indices

Andreas Moroder andreas.moroder at sb-brixen.it
Thu Aug 16 13:37:44 UTC 2007

Hello,

we use imp togheter with cyrus. When a user logs in then we always get
this message in our log files

Aug 16 00:38:09 titan imap[23838]: open: user eloberhuber opened INBOX
Aug 16 00:38:09 titan imap[23838]: SQUAT failed to open index file

According to a cyrus mailing list this is because the client does a
search on the mailing list and finds no index for this search.

http://www.irbs.net/internet/info-cyrus/0401/0147.html

User that use Mozilla via IMAP do not generate this messages .

What special search does imp when used togheter with cyrus ?

Thanks
Andreas