[imp] Web Mail Reply Bug

Anthony R. Vallario avallario at tecmasters.com
Wed Aug 22 19:55:22 UTC 2007

All,
    When ever a user replies to an email that has an address in it with the
formal name out in front the email address does not get parsed right and an
mailer daemon message is generated. I've narrowed it down to special
characters in the proper name being the culprit. Anything I can do to get
rid of this bug?

For example:

"John Doe \\(Contractor\\)" < john.doe at domain.com > is what is displayed in
the From line of the email I am reading, but if I reply to this message
""@domain.com is what is put in the To line and of course this will not
work. I tested with several different combinations and it's only when
special characters like parentheses are in the formal name that this does
happen. Any suggestions?

Anthony R. Vallario