[imp] Error when IMP is used authentication

Andreas Dahlen andreas at dahlen.ws
Wed Aug 29 18:38:07 UTC 2007

Hi!

I've been using Horde + IMP for years.

Recently my server crashed and I needed to reinstall it. Changed OS from
Ubuntu 6.06 LTS to Ubuntu 7.04

All the contents of my config files is the same as my old working
installation.

Now I've tried to update the installation to the latest from CVS, but I can
stillnot get it to work.

After that I can't get IMP to autheticate my user.

When I use imp/test.php it is OK to authenticate my user.

Below I have included;

-          The result of imp/test.php is

-          The content of imp/config/servers.php

Any suggestions on what culd be wrong?

/Andreas

************ BEGIN RESULT IMP/TEST.PHP ***************

Attempting to automatically determine the correct connection parameters for
your server:

*	Trying protocol imap/notls, Port 143:

SUCCESS - INBOX has 238 messages (0 new 0 recent)

*	Trying protocol imap/ssl, Port 993:

ERROR - The server returned the following error message:

Can't connect to 127.0.0.1,993: Connection refused

*	Trying protocol imap/ssl/novalidate-cert, Port 993:

ERROR - The server returned the following error message:

Can't connect to 127.0.0.1,993: Connection refused

*	Trying protocol imap/tls/novalidate-cert, Port 143:

ERROR - The server returned the following error message:

Unable to negotiate TLS with this server

The following configurations were successful and may be used in your
imp/config/servers.php file:

Configuration 1

'server' => '127.0.0.1'

'protocol' => 'imap/notls'

'port' => '143'

The following IMAP server information was discovered from the remote server:

Namespace Information

NAMESPACE: "INBOX."

DELIMITER: .

TYPE: personal

NAMESPACE: "#shared."

DELIMITER: .

TYPE: shared

NAMESPACE: "shared."

DELIMITER: .

TYPE: shared

IMAP server capabilities:

Array

(

    [UIDPLUS] => 1

    [CHILDREN] => 1

    [NAMESPACE] => 1

    [THREAD] => Array

        (

            [0] => ORDEREDSUBJECT

            [1] => REFERENCES

        )

    [SORT] => 1

    [QUOTA] => 1

    [IDLE] => 1

    [ACL] => 1

    [ACL2] => Array

        (

            [0] => UNION

        )

)

IMAP CHILDREN support:

SUPPORTED

IMAP Charset Search Support:

Server supports searching with the UTF-8 character set.

************ END RESULT IMP/TEST.PHP ***************

************ BEGIN IMP/CONFIG/SERVERS.PHP ***************

$servers['dahlen'] = array(

    'name' => 'IMAP Server,