[imp] The folder "sent-mail" was not created.

Philip Steeman philip.steeman at khbo.be
Wed Sep 12 14:36:12 UTC 2007

Hello,
I get an annoying error when saving 'Personal Information Options'
(especially with new users).

When you choose in your identity for:
- save sent mail
- use default value (or choose to create a new one)

and save your settings, you get the following error:
The folder "sent-mail" was not created. This is what the server said:
Permission denied

When you first make the folder and then choose this folder, everything
is OK.

I think it has something to do with the fact that you can only make
folders UNDER INBOX.

System:
horde 3.1.4
imp 4.1.4
cyrus 1.5.19 (quite old)

I'm not sure, but I think that problem didn't occur in the previous
version (4.1.3).

Someone has an idea?

Philip