[imp] The folder "sent-mail" was not created.

Philip Steeman philip.steeman at khbo.be
Tue Sep 18 15:32:13 UTC 2007

Hello,
after a long search I think I found the reason.

--> when you first create a mailbox
cyradm -u cyrus localhost
localhost> cm user.demo14

--> and then check namespace
telnet localhost 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK valencia Cyrus IMAP4 v1.5.19 server ready
1 login demo14 xxxxxx
1 OK User logged in
2 namespace
* NAMESPACE NIL NIL (("" "."))
2 OK Completed

--> then create a submailbox
cyradm -u cyrus localhost
localhost> cm user.demo14.sent-mail

--> check namespace again
3 namespace
* NAMESPACE (("INBOX." ".")) NIL (("" "."))
3 OK Completed

===> The namespace is different if there isn't a submailbox.

With version 2.2 the namespace is
NAMESPACE (("INBOX." ".")) (("user." ".")) (("" "."))
even with only the user.demo14 mailbox

So, it wasn't a horde problem but a cyrus problem.

Philip